WordPress Backup for Bloggers
WordPress Backup is a Must!
Creating WordPress Backup regularly is one good way to add maximum security to your blog site. Whether your site is for fun or for profit, there are still chances that it is more frustrating than your site being compromised. Whether by hacking, server issues, or viruses, it is imperative to have a reliable WordPress backup to protect your site from these unwanted scenarios. WordPress backup gives you peace of mind, especially when you are stuck in a catastrophic situation, and allows you to save everything in your site when you accidentally lock yourself or when your site gets hacked.
When you speak about backup, it means you are saving a duplicate version of your work, including files, WordPress themes, and a database (including users, posts, comments, etc.). It is like saving a vital document to your Dropbox or desktop. And one of the best ways to back up your site is with the help of backup plugins for WordPress. These backup plugins allow you to add more functionality to your site except those that already exist with WordPress. There are various backup plugins out there; some offer great deals while others offer it for FREE. With the help of WordPress backup plugins, you can protect everything you have in your WordPress without worrying about losing files.
WordPress Backup Plugins
- BackupBuddy– one of the well-known and premium WordPress Backup Plugins for WordPress today, includes BackupBuddy. This plugin is made by iThemes, which lets you back up various sources, not just your hard drives but also your email, Dropbox, FTP, and more. This backup is completed efficiently with just a click of a button. What you need to do is to select where your backup will be stored & as well as how frequently you want your backup to occur.
- UpdraftPlus– another way to backup your WordPress is with the help of UpdraftPlus. Unlike any other backup plugins, this backup option is FREE! This free plugin is very straightforward, meaning that no unnecessary and complicated features will only overwhelm you. Like BackupBuddy, this also supports backup to FTP, email, and other storage solutions. Beyond this fantastic feature, it also offers reliable database encryption for the maximum level of security; plus,, you can split large sites into several archives to make your backup easier.
- BackUpWordPress– apart from BackupBuddy and UpdraftPlus, another popular and steadfast plugin today includes BackUpWordPress. These unique WordPress backup plugins also have good scheduling that is very useful for users, especially when they want to create a different schedule for their files and database. This backup plugin is easy to set up, thus making it more user-friendly. However, if ever you want to store backup to other places aside from your hard drive and/or email, you have to purchase an extension (BackUpWordPress also offers extensions such as individual cloud storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive).
- WP-DB-Backup– if you want to back up your WordPress database, then one of the best solutions is the WP-DB-Backup. For any starter, this backup plugin is FREE. This plugin is also a good option for those bloggers who don’t frequently update their sites and those who don’t use images and videos in their blog posts. With this tool, you can easily schedule your database backup, restore them and even allow users to perform a manual database backup.
- Snapshot– a backup plugin that lets you take a quick snapshot of your site at any aspect and save it later for storage whenever you want to. When you decide to save a version of your site, you need to click only the ‘Create Snapshot’ button. This will immediately capture your website as it is at the moment. It also allows you to schedule these backups and where you want to save your files (either in SFTP, Dropbox, and other storage services).
How to perform your WordPress backup for Plugins?
- Download & Install. The first thing you need to do before any process involvedd in backing up your WordPress is to download and install your preferred backup plugins. You can also visit your plugins dashboards to be guided on activating the WP backup plugins by following its instructions.
- Configure your Plugin. Visit the plugins’ settings page in your WP dashboard for configurations. For example, if you opt to have BackupBuddy, you will do two things. First, you have to choose a password for ‘ImportBuddy’ under the general options, and second, you have to enter your email address where all error notifications must be sent.
- Set up Offsite backup. By sending a copy of your backup files to offsite in case, an unexpected problem occurs (such as server crash and hacking) or if ever it is inaccessible, still you have safe storage of your saved files. Some WordPress Backup plugins already provide free built-in offsite storage together with their plugin. Furthermore, having a plugin with an offsite backup is an advantage.
- Complete Backup. If you are ready to run your very first backup, click the menu where you can find ‘Complete Backup’ to get everything started.
Importance of WordPress Backup Plugins
Many people pro or new to WordPress must be very attentive when backing up their site. Regularly creating a backup for your site can guarantee that your WP site and essential files are under maximum protection. Thanks to the power of WP backup plugins, you can now avoid the stress and mind-numbing pain of having your blog site disappear without obtaining a viable backup or copy. Even the most experienced site owners already working online for many years can make mistakes. Thus, wrong files can sometimes be deleted or overwritten, needing a plugin to help them back up their important files.
Top 8 popular WordPress plugins of all the time
The WordPress plugin repository has 54,000+ plugins. That’s like a lot. These plugins are used to complement the core WP installation. In other words, it improves a user’s experience on WordPress. They handle certain features and functionalities that WP cannot do by itself.
Choosing the correct plugin is vital for your website’s security, user-friendliness, and speed. Else you can take WordPress support from a good team.
We have listed down the top 8 popular WordPress plugins. Let’s discuss first what WP Plugin is.
WP plugin is defined as a software tool that is scripted in the PHP language. It includes additional features on your WP website. The plugin provides a simple process to add features to your website without writing a single code.
The API of the plugin provides an effective hooks’ and filters set. This robust set enables developers to modify or add new functions with WordPress.
8 Popular WordPress plugins
Search Engine Optimization is necessary to boost traffic to your website. Without any doubt, Yoast SEO is the best WordPress SEO plugin. It supports you to add Meta tags, connect your website with Google Search Console, etc.
The plugins provide you with a complete solution to improve on-page SEO. The features of Yoast SEO are as follows:
- Readability check
- Internal linking suggestion
- Access to create custom Description/Mets Header
- XML News Sitemaps
- Quickly build 301 directs with the Redirect feature
- Optimize for synonyms, keywords
- Update as per Google’s algorithm
The plugin makes sure that your site meets the top-most SEO principle. It provides the tools to optimize your content for overall readability and SEO.
Every day it is not easy to filter out spam that is either irrelevant stories or promotional links. Automattic developed a tool called Akismet.
It is known as the godfather of comment spam reduction plugins. The plugin works great to track back spam and filter out most comments. It reviews all your contact form submissions against their global spam database. This WordPress Premium plugin provides advanced security solutions along with spam protection.
To use the plugin, you will need an API key that is free for non-commercial use. It is beneficial if you receive at least ten comments daily.
The Automattic company built another top-most WordPress plugin called Jetpack. It is a versatile tool with numerous features. The plugin supports you with design, marketing, and security. Among its multiple features, you can perform the following-
- Spam filtration
- Malware scanning
- Find site analytics
- Login security
- Automatic social media posting
- Slow image loading
- Multiple WordPress themes and more.
How can we miss WooCommerce among the list of popular WordPress plugins? An e-commerce plugin enables you to sell anything on the web simply.
The plugin has an abundance of themes, easy customization options, and much more. Therefore, it stands unique among the list of WordPress plugins.
Wondering why WooCommerce is best for you? The plugin provides features such as adding product variation, extensive payment methods, etc. The developer community creates extensions to make online selling as smooth as possible.
WPForms is a fantastic plugin that allows people to create popular forms with simple and easy steps. The form is created by using a simple interface of drag-and-drop. This plugin enables you to create contact, subscription, payment, survey, and other forms. It doesn’t require you to put in a great effort, as you can create forms with just a few clicks.
Note that this plugin can integrate with all the primary payment and marketing platforms.
- Compatible with cloud flare
- Improve user-end browser caching
- Quick Load images while scrolling down
- Support WordPress Multi website
- Incorporate caching solution along with a CDN
- Load images on request
- Facilitate slow loading to boost page load time.
Page builder aids you in creating more complex designs as you don’t need to use coding. The most popular page builder plugin as per WordPress.org is Elementor. The plugin has quickly shot up the rank with over 1.2 million active installs. It offers a free package to build complex designs with a drag-and-drop interface.
You must think of installing this plugin on your website. This will support you to have full control over your design.
Migrate Guru is a specifically designed, fully automated plugin for WP migration. It offers you the fastest, easiest, and most reliable method to migrate your WordPress website. The plugin runs on an external server named BlogVault’s server. You can quickly transfer large sites without any issues.
There is a choice to save the migration setting and remove the unnecessary files during the migration process. This allows you to repeat the migration with a single click in the future.
The plugin has the following feature:
- No overload on the website
- No requirement for storage space
- Easy to use
- Build for large websites
- One-click migration
- Fully automatic, replace & built-in-search
Large images slow down the loading of websites. Therefore, it is crucial to optimize every file image to improve speed. Optimizing every image manually can be a tedious task.
For this, you can apply the Smush plugin. It is a simple way to compress and optimize your WP website images. The plugin compresses images all over your website automatically. You will need to upload images to your WP website media folder.
The plugin provides no interruption in your workflow and improves website performance.
A WordPress plugin helps you to quickly and smoothly run your website. It improves user experience and supports websites to reach a wider audience.
No need to get confused about which plugin is best for your website. We have mentioned 8 of the pre-eminent WP plugins of all time. These plugins are accessible in free as well as paid forms.
Jinny Sarah Jacob is a Sr. Technical content writer at 24×7 WP Support, a leading WordPress development company that supports WordPress themes, plugins, and errors. She is a passionate technology geek and loves to write blogs on marketing, technology, B2B, big data/analytics, business strategizing, etc.
Increase Traffic with Comments
We all want to read comments, especially if these comments praise us or show that many people value our posts on our blog. Therefore, those valuable comments you can have on your blog can generate a lot of qualified visitors in your blog traffic.
Your website, more significantly, your blog posts can generate traffic. if you can improve the search traffic, you have the help of the things below.
Learn ways – How to Increase Blog Traffic with Comments
- Ask or Request Open-Ended Questions
Open-ended questions tend to prompt a lot of engagement that includes comments. However, it only means that when you allow the recipients to express themselves, they will provide you with complete and meaningful answers.
One of the main reasons there are a lot of blog posts that are not generating loads of traffic with comments is because the questions they have are close-ended. These close-ended questions can only be answered by a yes or a no or with a direct answer that does not leave anything else that will run for longer and more comments.
- Write A Post On the Top List
If you wish to improve your search traffic and generate powerful comments about the user experience on your blog posts, you should consider writing a post that falls on the top list. Unfortunately, many people struggle to gain online transactions from when they first opened their blog until they have discovered the importance of having a content marketing strategy.
To gain comments, you should add keywords wherein people are searching for the headline that you have. It would be best if you did not try to sound like an English professor to have one. The things that you need to do are to make your headline appear relevant for it to attract attention, comments as well as a load of traffic.
- Do Some Influencer and Expert Name Dropping
Name-dropping is a term that refers to the practice of attributing names of famous experts as well as bloggers to your content. Using this strategy, your blog posts can generate a lot of comments that would, later on, create loads of traffic for your website.
Generating comments for each blog post is one of the best ways to get a lot of traffic to your website. This way, you can make your content more valuable because some people seem to appreciate the things you have written. Therefore, if you wish to gain loads of traffic for your website, you should first work on generating comments with the help of the tips stated above that are very easy to do for your content. This, in turn, will increase Blog Traffic.
Bring your blog to life with videos
Videos add life to blogs. It could make explaining things easier and deliver the message better. Moreover, more and more bloggers are turning into video blogging for various reasons. Although there are available videos on the internet, it would be best to create them yourself. There are multiple ways and methods of making videos. Therefore, you should complete the one that could truly bring life to your Weblog.
How can Video Blogs bring life to your Weblog?
We all know that videos have been used for marketing content. One of the reasons for this one is that people love watching them. Moreover, it helps people have an easier time absorbing its content. Individuals also prefer watching rather than reading long texts and articles. In addition, videos can also be rich in content.
Video blogs can also cover a lot of topics. That is why Video Blogging has been very helpful, especially in businesses. Video blogs are a great way of presenting your brand and yourself. In creating a video, the persons involved should not be shy in front of the camera. Instead, they should have positive energy. There are other kinds of videos you could also upload to your Weblog. For example, if you do not want to use natural persons, you could create animations. Thus, you could use your creativity in creating them. That way, your videos would become more attractive to your target audience.
Video blogging gives you more control over the content you want with the audience. Moreover, texts are more vulnerable to misunderstandings as compared to videos. Video blogs also provide an excellent means of sharing information, precious ones. More people are attracted to watching videos because they can deliver a more detailed and straightforward message. You could also create video tutorials about things people are interested in learning. One of the trends in video blogging is the sharing of the everyday lives of bloggers. They share things that they want to share with others.
One of the most significant advantages of using video blogs is that it has a higher chance of getting viral. AS YouTube, the most popular Video Blogging site, has billions of visitors and users, there are higher chances that more people would get to watch the videos you have uploaded. Moreover, it could be shared on various social media sites and reach a more comprehensive audience range.
Suppose ever you truly wanted your Weblog to have life. In that case, you could create videos that are hilarious, interesting, funny, information, or even shocking, depending on the audience that you are targeting. Before that, you should also do your research and create your script. The first thing you need to consider is the things that your audience would like. It is also essential to keep it as exciting and refreshing as possible. By doing so, there would be no doubt that people would your Weblog would start garnering attention again.
Random Search Terms
Winner: Free Revolution Theme
I was just sitting in the back listening to Shayne Sanderson from Insctinct, who talked about their e-commerce plugin and...
Wierd custom fields
I am not sure if this is from a pluigin error. But I suddenly have custom field names “atfemail_” and...
What is HTTP Protocol?
HTTP stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol, and it’s the foundation of the web we know today. It’s a set of...
powered by WassUp
Recent Posts: Fully Net Worth . com
Lil Keed Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually?
Raqhid Jevon Render is an American rapper and songwriter. He is best known for his songs such as “Nameless” and has risen the ranks from his neighborhood in Atlanta into an emerging star in the world of rap. Currently, Lil Keed has a contract with Young Thug’s YSL Records and 300 Entertainment. As of 2019, […]
Blippi Net Worth: How Much Money Blippi Makes from YouTube?
Stevin John, who is better known by his alias as Blippi, is an American children’s educator who is popular on Youtube for his entertaining yet at the same time very well informing educational videos. As of 2019, Blippi net worth is estimated to be $25 million. He covers an array of topics for children to […]
Ashton Pienaar Net Worth: How Rich is the Below Deck Star?
Ashton Pienaar is a South African yacht deckhand and television personality best known for appearing on the television show “Below Deck”. As of 2019, Ashton Pienaar net worth is estimated to be $500,000. Ashton was born on June 16, 1989, in Johannesburg, South Africa. Unfortunately, we have no wide range of information regarding his early […]
Tips & Tricks2 months ago
WordPress Security Hacks
Pages2 months ago
Write For Us – Guest Post
Tips & Tricks1 month ago
How to: show/hide a widget in WordPress with jQuery
Plugins4 weeks ago
Top Membership plugins
News5 months ago
How to: Show/Hide any div box with jQuery in WordPress
Tips & Tricks5 months ago
Limit the characters that display on the_title
Tips & Tricks3 months ago
Remove spaces when echoing the_title
Tips & Tricks4 months ago
Remove the title attribute using jQuery
You must be logged in to post a comment Login
You must log in to post a comment.