I have taken the gallery theme, and ported it over to work with the Hybrid theme framework. Since I am huge fan of Justin Tadlocks theme, and I really liked how simple the gallery theme was. Using the base jQuery and idea, I’ve changed the look and incorporated a few other features. into the admin area.
[table id=3 /]
Tutorials & Documentation
While I do encourage people to ask questions and participate in the support forums, it’s always a good idea to check here for your answer first. There’s loads of useful information about using the theme.
- dynamic image re-size on single page.
- WordPress 2.7 compatible
- Built on the Hybrid framework
- jQuery hover effects
- jQuery scrolling effects.
- ‘Save to Delicious’ link
- ‘Tweet This’ link
- Flexible footer widget area
I Suggest that you download and install the first two fore sure.
In the theme option’s page, you’ve got control over a few site properties.
As so you can see in the above picture, You can control what page’s are included in your header navigation and the depth of child pages that show.
Below these options you can choose to show your subscribe/feed link and twitter text. You can also enter your twitter user name.
The theme has some extra meta boxes built specificly for the gallery style publications you’ll be doing!
Adding Gallery Items
To use the default options for the Gallery Theme, here are instructions for creating gallery entries:
- Upload a full sized image ( any size wider than 500px )
- Set WordPress to resize thumbnails to 118×110 ( more info )
- in the Image field enter the full sized (original file ) URL, for example
- Next, in the “thumbnail” field enter the thumbnail URL, for example
- If applicable, enter the URL and Designer, in the appropriate fields
Setting Up Star Ratings **
- Install the WP-Post Ratings plugin from WordPress.org. Activate both the plugin and the widgets.
- To switch the type of images to transparent .PNGs, open
wp-content/plugins/wp-postratings/wp-postratings.phpin your favorite text editor and change the following lines ( located at line 31 ):
### Define Image Extension define('RATINGS_IMG_EXT', 'gif'); //define('RATINGS_IMG_EXT', 'png');
to match this:
### Define Image Extension //define('RATINGS_IMG_EXT', 'gif'); define('RATINGS_IMG_EXT', 'png');
- Then upload that file back into the plugins folder.
- In your WordPress admin panel, click the Ratings > Options link on the left sidebar.
- The transparent .PNG stars should be selected by default.
- Under ‘Ratings AJAX Style’ change ‘Show Loading Image With Text’ to ‘No’ and ‘Show Fading In And Fading Out Of Ratings’ to what ever your prefer.
- Click ‘Save Changes.’
- Now click the ‘Ratings Templates’ on the left sidebar.
- Replace the text in the ‘Ratings Vote Text’ box with the following code:%RATINGS_IMAGES_VOTE%
- Replace the text in the ‘Ratings Voted Text’ with the following code:%RATINGS_IMAGES%
- Click the ‘Save’ button.
- You should now see your star ratings show on the gallery single pages next to the title of the gallery item.
Random Search Terms
Search Unleased: A custom WordPress plugin
Most all WordPress theme’s use a a simple search form to search your site. But what it you wanted to...
Limit the characters that display on the_title
Ever wanted to display the title of a post somewhere but limit the amount of characters that are shown? For...
The launch of WordPress.tv
Hey, in case you are unaware, WordPress has launched a new site called WordPress.tv. Check out the full post at...
powered by WassUp
Recent Posts: Fully Net Worth . com
Harry Hains was an Australian actor known to many for playing on American Horror Story. He is also the son of famous actress Jane Badler. Harry Hains net worth before his death is estimated to be $700,000. Harry was born on December 4, 1992, in Melbourne, Australia to Stephen Hains and Jane Badler. He had […]
Gabby Morrison is a young American social media star who is best known for creating videos on the popular and trendy platform TikTok. In a short amount of time, Morrison has been able to garner over 2.1 million followers on the platform where she has received close to 70 million likes for her videos already. […]
Tony Lopez is an American Tik Tok star who is best known for his skills as a dancer and along with his older brother, Ondreaz Lopez completes the synergy of The Lopez Brothers. He has over 2.4 million followers on his profile on Tik Tok where he has received more than 40 million likes so […]